Euroshore is recruiting a Secretary General (SG) in view of the forthcoming retirement of the current SG. The SG is the public face of the organisation, responsible for the office leadership and for giving direction and clarity to the Strategy and annual plan approved by the Board of the Association.
The priority set for the new SG will be to enhance the representation of the organisation, to look after the interests of its members, to report to the Board of Directors and to expand the organisation’s current visibility. He should improve the relationship with the EU Commission, EU Parliament and other European and international trade associations. The preferred Candidate should be self-employed and invoice her/his time at agreed tariffs.
- Provide clear strategic direction for Euroshore and overall leadership;
- Deliver on Euroshore’s commitments at the highest standard of performance;
- Introduce new activities based on member requirements;
- Secure new funding agreements;
- Fully implement Euroshore’s Articles and Rules;
- Effectively deliver objectives established in the association’s work programme;
- Develop and maintain high reputation and visibility for Euroshore;
- Increase membership;
- Effective financial control and management;
- Facilitate a culture that inspires and motivates the team;
- Actively seek out and promote initiatives that improve and maximise efficiency and make best use of resources;
- Prove excellent ability to do research, to collect, analyse and summarise information, to draft notes and reports, to make proper use of public relations to the benefit of the members.
- To give technical support, when required, to Euroshore’s Members
As a potential candidate, you will be assessed against the following key requirements for the job:
- University Business degree, preferably a PHD, master’s Degree or an MBA in political science, law, economy, environment;
- Solid track record of strong leadership, building and motivating effective and productive teams in an association of comparable size;
- Experience in the Maritime industry (shipping and MARPOL regulations)
- Experience in waste treatment and regulations
- Experience and understanding of the EU Institutions and their procedures;
- Experience and understanding of international development issues, including trade and economic development.
B. Skills and Abilities
- Ability to provide direction and leadership in a way that inspires confidence and commitment and encourages ideas, innovation and initiative from others;
- Robust and comfortable with operating in a challenging environment;
- Capacity to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously, demonstrating excellent time management and organisational skills;
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis and to work flexible hours;
- Demonstrate proactive, critical and flexible thinking skills;
- Excellent English (UECBV’s working language). Knowledge of French and German will be an asset.
Terms of contract
- Permanent part-time position for undetermined period;
- Position open to EU Member States citizens;
- Salary will be in accordance to the responsibilities of the position and experience of the selected candidate;
To submit application for this vacancy, please send your candidature to Euroshore by email or in writing.